Monday, April 2, 2012


Do you feel, as an audience member, that you understand the film?
I felt as if I did understand the film, but I also feel as if I didn’t.  I understood most of the jokes because of what we studied in this class.  The only thing is I didn’t find most of them funny because to me I had to think about it too much, which didn’t make it funny.  The movie was made for Native Americans, and when they are watching this movie they don’t have to put themselves into the shoes of the Native Americans, so they don’t have to stop and think why it would be funny.  While any other race has to stop and think why the joke is funny, and that delay seems to kill the funny part of the joke.  Other than that I feel as I understood the movie, it was just the jokes weren’t funny because it took too long to think about what made them funny.   

No comments:

Post a Comment